NEW AQUATIC CENTER in Prosser consists of two pools: One with a standard competition length of 25-yards with 8 lanes for competitions, a dramatic new 27-foot long drop slide, plunging into 9-feet of water, removable float lines for open swim times, and water basketball and volleyball equipment. The second pool is designed specifically for recreational use. This pool will include a zero-depth “beach” entry where the concrete deck slopes gradually down into the water, making movement in and out of the water easy for all ages. Other amenities include a full size interactive play structure within the pool, a 100-foot long water slide and other play features. We have added the water. Now...bring on the fun!!!
- Franklin Pool, in Franklin Park, features a 112 foot water slide. There is also a snack shack which offers an inexpensive lunch combo package. Yakima Valley Museum is nearby with a 1930s Style Soda Fountain, a great place for ice cream after your swim . The hours of Franklin Pool recreation swim are Monday through Friday from 12:30-4:30p.m., 7:15-9pm. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 5-7p.m. The fee for youths are $2.00 and adults $3.75.
- Lions Pool is an enclosed pool at 509 West Pine Street. Recreational swim sessions are Monday through Friday 1:30-3:30 and 3:15-4:45p.m. Special Funky Friday Night Swim from 7pm to 8:30 for special rate of .50 for youth and $1.00 for adult, enjoy the 80's music.
- Water Play Grounds in the city of Yakima are free at Miller Park, North 4th Street and "E" Street; Martin Luther King Park, South 8th Street and Beech.
- Yakima YMCA Indoor Heated Pool features recreational swims open to children of all ages and their families to come and enjoy the swimming fun. Parents do not have to accompany their children, but are encouraged to swim and play together at the pool. The evening and weekend sessions also include the use of a slide.
- Selah Pool at Wixson Park is open 1 to 4 p.m. and 5:45 to 8:45 p.m, seven days a week. Admission is $2.00 for children 17 and under, $3.00 for adults and $8.00 for families.
- The pool in the city of Naches on Hwy. 12 at Applewood Park offers open June 10-August 26; swim hours daily from 1-3 p.m., 3:30-5:30 p.m., plus 6:15-8 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Admission: $1.50 for district residents, $2.00 for non district. While in Naches stop in at Thompson Farm Market for a smoothie!
- The City of Toppenish, well known for its 70 western themed murals and Yakama Nation features opportunities for sightseeing and swimming. The public pool on Asotin Avenue is open June10-August 26 from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. during the week, with various swimming activities. Saturday and Sunday the pool is open from 1 to 5 p.m. Admission is $3.00 for adults and $2.00 for children under 12.
- Sunnyside pool open June 11 - September 5; swim hours are daily ,1:00 to 3:00 p.m., 3:15-5:15p.m. Family swim hours daily, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Admission is $2 .00 for children 4-7, $3.00 for 8 and older. Sunnyside Darigold Dairy Fair off exit 68 of I-82 East is a great place to stop before or after your swim for a deli sandwich and Ice cream on a hot day.
- Grandview Municipal pool is open Monday - Saturday June 17-August 11.